Drive Away 2Day

1955 Lagonda 3 Litre Saloon : Classic Cars

The David Brown organisation's takeover of Lagonda in 1947 allowed production of the latter's all-new W O Bentley-designed model to commence the following year and at the same time made Lagonda's 2.6-litre twin-cam six available for the new Aston-Martins. An advanced design employing a cruciform-braced chassis wand all-round independent suspension, the Lagonda was available as a saloon or drophead coupé, both with coachbuilt bodies, while the interior with its leather upholstery, plentiful walnut and quality fittings stood comparison with that of the very best in the luxury car class. In 1953 the engine was enlarged to 3.0-litres and in this form the luxurious Lagondas continued in production until 1958.

The AMOC Register lists 'LB290/66' as completed with engine number 'VB6H/191', registered '303 FMX' and previously owned in the USA by one J M Lynn. Reregistered '860 DZ' in Northern Ireland in November 1989, the car is minus its engine and is offered for sale in 'barn find' condition, in need of complete restoration. We are advised that the chassis is not rotten and has never been welded, that the aluminium bodywork is solid and straight (though the steel floor has rusted away) and that the grey leather interior is complete and salvageable. The gearbox is present and selects all gears. Sold strictly as viewed, this potentially most rewarding restoration project is offered with Swansea V5C document (NI). No reserve.


Contact Bonhams
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sources : 1955 Lagonda 3 Litre Saloon Photo | 1955 Lagonda 3 Litre Saloon Article

0 comments:

Post a Comment