Drive Away 2Day

1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom II : Classic Cars

The Phantom II, produced from 1929 through 1936, was the last Rolls-Royce designed under F. Henry Royce, co-founder of the marque. The engine was a large 7.7-liter six-cylinder unit and powered two wheelbase sizes. There were a total of 1,402 built atop the 150-inch wheelbase and 278 on the short 144-inch Continental assembly. This example, chassis number 8-SK, is one of those rare examples fitted to the short wheelbase.

This Touring Saloon wears a close-coupled Touring Saloon (sedan) body courtesy of Park Ward, Ltd. It came equipped with a spare tire and wheel in each of its front wings and fitted with an F-code steering box.

Originally delivered to E. Graham Guest of Edinburgh Scotland. 8-SK came to the USA around the late 1950's. After being owned by only a hand full of owners from 1934 through 1970's the car was purchased and restored by Neil Kirkham, a well know Rolls-Royse owner in California. He showed the car at numerous Concour events taking top honors at the likes of Silverado, Hillsbourgh, and Best of Show at the Art Deco Concours. It also took a first in class at the R-R Nationals. This car would still show well and it drives perfect!! Past owners: E. Graham Guest 1934 G. Berners late 1930's - post war Paddon Brothers Ltd. early 50's Francis deBeixedon late 1950's - 1967 G. H. Mathers late 1967 - mid 1970's Neil Kirkham early 1980's - 1994 Peter Stylinos 1994- 2006 Blackhawk Collection - present.

In 2009, this Touring Saloon was offered for sale by Bonhams Auction Company at the Exceptional Motorcars and Automobilia at the Quail Lodge Resort in Carmel, Ca. The car was sold for $155,500


Contact Concept Carz
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Contact Rolls Royce
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube

Sources : 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Photo | 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Article

0 comments:

Post a Comment